INFLIGHT TEAMMATES CAN’T AFFORD UNION DUES
- Dues are based on “weighted average” of all ITMs at all seniority levels
- As of April 1, 2014, VX ITM the calculation for the weighted average for dues is approximately $27.00 per month.
- We won’t pay dues until we have voted yes to our first contract
- Initiation fees can only be implemented if members vote for them
WE WON’T GET ANYTHING IN RETURN FOR PAYING DUES
- Protection from unwarranted discipline
- Leadership accountability to the rules
- Better treatment during IROPS, while sitting Reserve
- Certainty that benefits and wages can’t be arbitrarily changed
- Union members enjoy better work rules, benefits, and wages than non union workers
- Contractual benefits in work rules and wages are always much more than dues
- 70% of dues collected stay with our Local, approximately 30% to our TWU International
OUR DUES ARE USED TO SUPPORT POLITICAL PARTIES
- NO Membership dues are used for political contributions
- Funds to support Labor friendly candidates and legislation are generated from Member volunteer donations through TWU International Committee On Political Education (COPE)
TWU IS A THIRD PARTY
- VX ITMs elected by peers will negotiate our contract
- VX ITMs will then vote to accept or reject the contract
- VX ITMs will elect fellow ITMs to serve as our officers
- VX ITMs will handle discipline and contract enforcement on a daily basis
- VX ITMs will have full backing, support, and training from TWU in all matters
WE’LL LOSE OUR “DIRECT RELATIONSHIP”
- Having a union doesn’t mean you can’t have a good relationship with leadership.
- Union Leaders will be VX ITMs who will continue to work directly with VX Leaders
- There is no “Direct Relationship” if it can be severed by one party
OUR UNION WILL DESTROY OUR CULTURE?
- We can and will still create the Wow! for our guests and our fellow ITMs while having a voice at work.
- We can have a real voice in our future and create a professional partnership with management- work rules, compensation, and benefits rules will be mutually agreed to by us and management.
- Happy ITMs will actually create a better Customer experience and strengthen our culture
YOU WILL LOSE THE WAGES AND BENEFITS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE
- Bargaining begins with what we have and we work from there
- ITMs will be surveyed to find out what they want in the contract
- Every ITM will have the opportunity to vote on the proposed contract
- Would you vote for something that was less than what you already have?